Read current issues of your favorite magazines on your computer, tablet, or mobile device with the library's digital magazine service, RBdigital.
- No holds needed! Magazines are always available for immediate checkout.
- No overdue fines! You don't need to return magazines, since there are no return dates or overdue fines.
- No limits! Check out as many magazines as you want.
- Free with your Bloomingdale Public Library card
No due date/loan periods
Compatibale Devices: iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, computers
Zinio App Closing
Starting June 27, the OneClickDigital and Zinio apps have been merged into one app called the RBdigital app. You will be prompted to update your apps to the new RBdigital app.
RBdigital App FAQ
Q: What will happen to the Zinio for Libraries app installed on my devices?
Starting around July 10, you will receive a notification within the current Zinio for Libraries app alerting you to the availability of the new RBdigital app and giving you the option to download it. The message will also show a counter counting down the timeframe for when the app will no longer function (currently planned for Sept. 8).
Q: Will my Zinio username or password change?
No. When you install the RBdigital app, you will log in with the same username and password used for the Zinio for Libraries app.
Q: What happens to the Zinio for Libraries app after I download the new RBdigital app?
The Zinio for Libraries app will remain on your device until you delete it. When the Zinio for Libraries app is deleted, all downloaded magazines will be removed from your device, freeing up memory. The new RBdigital app will have all previous checkouts available, but those checkouts will need to be downloaded again, as needed.
Q: What happens to the Zinio for Libraries app after its shutdown?
At the end of the countdown the Zinio for Libraries app will be locked and patrons will see a message encouraging them to download the new app, but they cannot access the new app until they download and install it.
Q: What will happen to the Zinio name?
The Zinio brand will eventually be phased out. RBdigital will be the new brand for downloading magazines and literary classic audiobooks.
- Step-by-step instructions - Help page
- To download magaiznes, you must have a Bloomingdale Public Library card
- To browse and check out digital magazines, start at the library's magazine website. Bookmark this site in your web browser for easy access!
- If it's your first time using RBdigital, create a new account on the library's magazine website.
- After checking out a magazine, you can read it on a mobile device or tablet using the RBdigital app (download through Apple's App Store or Google Play). You can also read it on the magazine website using a computer.
- If you'd like personal assistance with RBdigital, please contact the Adult Services Desk at 630-924-2730 or sign up for one of the library's Downloadable Resources training sessions.
Wednesday, March 14
We’ll have a librarian available to get you started using eBooks, audiobooks, and digital magazines. Please contact the Adult Services Reference Desk at 630-924-2730 to schedule a 45 minute appointment.