3D Print Request
Submitting a 3D Print request is done in two parts. You will need to:
1. Complete this submission form.
2. Upload your file to the library's OneDrive account (instructions on the second page).
3D Printing Policy
The Library will review each file before it is printed. In accordance with the Library Board Approved Rules of Behavior Policy, the 3D printer may not be used to create weapons, firearms, or destructive materials. The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request. Before submitting files, please check the 3D print specs below for max print time, max print size, etc.
3D Print Specs
- Printers available: Dremel Idea Builder 3D40 and Lulzbot Taz 6
- Maximum print size: 280mm x 280mm x 250mm (11 in x 11 in x 9.8in)
- Maximum print time: 8 hours (for all files submitted). If your project/files are over 8 hours total, you must break you project into smaller time increments. We only accept one 8 hour project per patron per two week period.
- File types accepted: .stl or .obj
- Print colors: Filament color choices are available on the 3D print request form
- Filament type: PLA only
- File names: Before uploading, name your print file as your full name and the color of filament. (Example: John Thompson True Black.stl) If you're submitting multiple files, please number your files. (Example: 01 John Thompson Cool Grey, 02 John Thompson Cool Grey, etc.)
- Cost: 50 cents per half hour of printing
- Payment: Cash only
- Pick up and pay for your item at the Adult Reference Desk
- You will not be charged for failed prints
- Prints will be processed in the order that they're received
- Staff will contact you within one week to confirm your file submission, your estimated print cost, and estimated print time.
- Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for prints to be completed