Assistive Devices | Art Exhibits | Computer Labs | Copiers | Faxing | Homebound Delivery | Interlibrary Loan | Notary | Scanning Stations | Text a Librarian | Wi-Fi Printing
The library offers a collection of assistive devices for people with disabilities. This collection includes a variety of handheld magnifiers, as well as book holders, large print playing cards, and other items that are available to check out. See a complete list of assistive devices here.
The library also owns a state-of-the-art CCTV text magnifier. This magnifying device can help those with low vision to read books, sort out their bills, or decipher a prescription medicine bottle.
Exhibits of different forms are welcome at the Bloomingdale Public Library. Exhibits stimulate interest in a variety of library materials, provide information, develop aesthetic appreciation, and furnish an opportunity for individuals and groups to display artistic and educational materials.
The library has multiple computers available for public use in two permanent computer labs with various levels of Internet access and a variety of software packages. Access to these computers requires a Bloomingdale Library card or the purchase of an Internet Access card available at the Circulation Desk for $5.00.
Printing from the computers is available. Black and white prints are 10¢ per page. Color prints cost 50¢ per page. Cash, credit, or debit are accepted.
In addition, the library has a portable computer training lab with laptops. Please see Computer Services for more information on the services available in our labs.
Photocopiers are available on the main level. Black and white copies cost 10¢ per page. Color copies cost 50¢ per page. Cash, credit, or debit are accepted.
The library provides faxing for the public for a nominal charge. Please contact the Business Office for more information regarding prices. Cash only. Credit cards not accepted.
The library's fax number is 630-529-3243.
- Local Chicagoland area codes
1st page: $1.00
Additional page(s): $1.00 each
- Long distance
1st page: $2.00
Additional page(s): $1.00 each
- International (some countries cannot be faxed to)
1st page: $3.00
Additional page(s): $2.00 each
Seniors without transportation and anyone limited in their ability to visit the library due to illness, surgery, or disabilities are eligible to receive free delivery of library materials at their home or residential facility. Homebound patrons must live in Bloomingdale and have a valid library card. Call the Adult Services Department at 630-924-2730 or fill out our online application to make arrangements.
Don’t see what you want in the catalog? We can borrow items from library collections nationwide. Ask a librarian to help you find what you need.
- Stop by the Reference Desk
- Call us at 630-924-2730
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text mybpl to 66746
- Chat with us by clicking the Ask a Librarian box to the left
Notary service is available at no charge to library patrons at the Adult Services Reference Desk. Please call the Reference Desk at 630-924-2730 to check notary availability. Occasionally, notaries are unavailable on nights and weekends.
To have a document notarized, please do the following:
- You must bring current and valid photo identification. Photo IDs must be issued by the state or federal government and have a valid signature.
- DO NOT sign the form ahead of time. Notaries typically must witness the document being signed.
- All people signing must be present.
Items We're Unable to Notarize
- Cook County real estate transactions (AKA document of conveyance)
- I-9 Forms - Due to our employer's policy, we're unable to fill out or notarize I-9 forms as an authorized representative.
- Vital records - Birth, death, marriage, or divorce certificates and citizenship or naturalization certificates. You must request a certified copy from the county clerk, local registrar, or Illinois Dept. of Public Health/Vital Records.
- School records - Only the school registrar has the authority to provide certified copies of student records. They must have a school seal and a tamper proof envelope, so these should be requested direct from the school.
- Military IDs or government common access cards (CAC)
- IRS tax returns - The IRS can provide certified copies of tax returns or a free tax transcript.
The library has 3 scanning stations for use by the public.
Simple Scan Station
Use the Simple Scan touchscreen to quickly and easily scan and save your documents and pictures to a flash drive, email them, or fax them. The Simple Scan Station comes equipped with a flatbed scanner for books and magazines, as well as a high speed document scanner. You can scan items and save them in several different formats including PDF, Searchable PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and Word document.
PC Scanning Station
Use a Windows PC to scan and save your documents.
Text a librarian is available during regular library hours.
- Text: mybpl
- To: 66746
- Type your question
- Save 66746 in your contacts as mybpl
There is no charge for this service, but your carrier's standard message rates apply.
We provide a free wireless network throughout the library. Laptop computers equipped with wireless cards should automatically detect and connect to our network (network name/SSID: Library).
Unfortunately, staff cannot offer assistance on patrons' personal computers.