COMPUTER SERVICES CLERK II
The Bloomingdale Public Library is seeking a Computer Clerk II to work approximately 22 hours a week covering evenings and weekend rotations. Duties include monitoring both the Adult and Youth Services computer labs, assisting patrons and staff in use of computers and software, assisting with technology projects of the library, and other tasks as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of computer applications with strong MS Office and Internet navigation skills.
- Minimum of one year related customer service experience in a comparable school, library, business, or organization.
- High School Diploma
- $12.35 PER HOUR.
PAID VACATION BENEFIT
Please submit cover letter and resume (.doc or .rtf format) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only resumes submitted by email will be considered. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Position posted: July 15, 2019
Deadline: Position open until filled
Adult Services Librarian II – Part Time
Job Title: Adult Services Librarian II
FT/PT: Part-Time, 20 hours a week, non-exempt position, IMRF qualified, includes vacation
Salary: $21.50 per hour
Hours: Includes day, evening, and rotating weekend hours.
Schedule needs to include: Mondays 5-9 p.m. and Wednesdays 5-9 p.m.
The Bloomingdale Public Library is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time Adult Services Reference Librarian. The ideal candidate will be creative, detail-oriented, tech savvy, and a self-starter with exceptional customer service skills and an ability to use new technologies to promote library services to both adults and teens.
- Reference Desk duties, including readers’ advisory
- Collection development of several non-fiction selection areas
- Assist patrons with ebooks and other downloadable resources
- Create displays promoting library collection and services
- Participate in library special events
- Other duties as assigned
- ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS
- Minimum 2 year experience in a library or comparable business/organization
- Knowledge of reference and readers’ advisory practices
- Knowledge of online and electronic resources
- Understanding of current and emerging technology trends
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- An ability to communicate effectively and provide outstanding customer service
- Knowledge of maker technology and equipment a plus
Deadline Date: Open until filled
Please email cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Adult Services Department Head
Bloomingdale Public Library
101 Fairfield Way
Bloomingdale, IL 60108