Magazines & Newspapers
Read current issues of your favorite magazines on your computer, tablet, or mobile device with the library's digital magazine service, RBdigital.
- No holds needed! Magazines are always available for immediate checkout.
- No overdue fines! You don't need to return magazines, since there are no return dates or overdue fines.
- No limits! Check out as many magazines as you want.
- Free with your Bloomingdale Public Library card
No due date/loan periods
Compatibale Devices: iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle Fire, computers
Zinio App Closing
Starting June 27, the OneClickDigital and Zinio apps have been merged into one app called the RBdigital app. You will be prompted to update your apps to the new RBdigital app.
RBdigital App FAQ
Q: What will happen to the Zinio for Libraries app installed on my devices?
Starting around July 10, you will receive a notification within the current Zinio for Libraries app alerting you to the availability of the new RBdigital app and giving you the option to download it. The message will also show a counter counting down the timeframe for when the app will no longer function (currently planned for Sept. 8).
Q: Will my Zinio username or password change?
No. When you install the RBdigital app, you will log in with the same username and password used for the Zinio for Libraries app.
Q: What happens to the Zinio for Libraries app after I download the new RBdigital app?
The Zinio for Libraries app will remain on your device until you delete it. When the Zinio for Libraries app is deleted, all downloaded magazines will be removed from your device, freeing up memory. The new RBdigital app will have all previous checkouts available, but those checkouts will need to be downloaded again, as needed.
Q: What happens to the Zinio for Libraries app after its shutdown?
At the end of the countdown (currently planned for Sept. 8), the Zinio for Libraries app will be locked and patrons will see a message encouraging them to download the new app, but they cannot access the new app until they download and install it.
Q: What will happen to the Zinio name?
The Zinio brand will eventually be phased out. RBdigital will be the new brand for downloading magazines and literary classic audiobooks.
- Step-by-step instructions - Help page
- To download magaiznes, you must have a Bloomingdale Public Library card
- To browse and check out digital magazines, start at the library's magazine website. Bookmark this site in your web browser for easy access!
- If it's your first time using RBdigital, create a new account on the library's magazine website.
- After checking out a magazine, you can read it on a mobile device or tablet using the RBdigital app (download through Apple's App Store or Google Play). You can also read it on the magazine website using a computer.
- If you'd like personal assistance with RBdigital, please contact the Adult Services Desk at 630-924-2730 or sign up for one of the library's Downloadable Resources training sessions.
Kindle Fire Users and RBdigital
The RBdigital app is not currently offered on Amazon's app marketplace for Kindle Fire users. To download the app on your Kindle Fire, please follow these installation instructions.
The library carries many print magazines for all ages and interests. You can check out back issues of our magazines or browse the latest issue at the library.
Popular Magazine Titles
- Consumer Reports
- Entertainment Weekly
- HGTV Magazine
- India Today
- National Geographic
- Sports Illustrated Kids
- and many more!
The library also offers online access to numerous magazines and journals. Check our Research Databases to begin searching.
Online Newspaper Databases
The library subscribes to numerous online newspaper databases that feature international, national, and regional papers and extensive back issues. Use your Bloomingdale Public Library card to access these from home, the office, or school.
Full text of the Chicago Tribune from 1985 to the present. Paid advertisements are excluded.
Historical Newspaper: Chicago Tribune
Historical articles from the Chicago Tribune from 1849-1988.
Full text of the Daily Herald newspaper from 1997 to the present. Includes obituaries. Paid advertisements are excluded.
Full text database of thousands of newspapers, trade journals, and wire feeds. Includes international, national, and regional papers including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and The Washington Post.
- Barron's - One month of back issues
- Bloomingdale Press - Six months of back issues and assorted years on microfilm
- Business Ledger - Six months of back issues
- Chicago Sun-Times - One month of back issues
- Chicago Tribune - One month of back issues
- Crain's Chicago Business - Six months of back issues
- Daily Herald - One month of back issues
- Financial Times - One month of back issues
- Investor's Business Daily - One month of back issues
- Midwest Outdoors - Six months of back issues
- New York Times - One month of back issues
- USA Today - One month of back issues
- Wall Street Journal - One month of back issues